The Next Step Spinal Cord Recovery Inc. is a Not-For-Profit Organisation that operates purely on donations and client funding.
The Next Step Spinal Cord Injury Recovery Centre, (which is completely not-for-profit) is in need of vital public support to keep the doors open, to continue to provide a place for people with spinal cord injuries to learn how to be independent and recover.
The Next Step Spinal Cord Injury Centre is the ONLY not-for-profit spinal cord centre in Australia. It is also the only centre that has all of the recovery modalities under one roof (with proven research supporting these). TNS is one of the only centres that has a registered clinical spinal nurse working with their patients.
The Next Step Spinal Cord Injury Recovery Centre is one of the only centres that provides care for both spinal cord injuries, and people with neurological conditions such as: Spinal Cord Injury, Stroke, Spina Bifida, Parkinsons Disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Musculoskeletal / Joint Injury Rehabilitation, Chronic Pain, COPD, Weight Loss / Behavioural Change, and Diabetes.
Currently, there is no government support for the centre.
The ability to recover from spinal cord injuries is vastly greater than is currently recognised.
More than 11,000 Australian’s have Spinal Cord Injury:
- 350 – 400 cases of spinal cord injury are reported in Australia annually
- 60% result in paraplegia; 40% in quadriplegia
- Those at highest risk of Spinal Cord Injury are 15 – 24 year olds (80% male, 20% female)
- There is no cure for a spinal cord injury
- The lifetime cost per incidence of paraplegia is estimated to be $5 million
- The lifetime cost per incidence of quadriplegia is estimated to be $9.5 million
- The total cost of Spinal Cord Injury in Australia is estimated to be $2 billion annually
DONATIONS ARE FULLY TAX DEDUCTIBLE!
Direct Deposit Details:
THE NEXT STEP SCI RECOVERY INC
TNS SCHOLARSHIP ACCOUNT
(For direct deposits, if you require a tax deductible receipt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request)